Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Looking for help generating rows: Getting Months from Quarters

csh8428
11 - Bolide

I'm wondering if anyone can provide some assistance with using the generate rows tool. I have a list that has quarters along with turnover rate for that quarter. I need to generate months for each quarter so I can join it back to part of the workflow that does turnover by month. I can't quite figure out how to use the generate row tool to accomplish this. The output should  then have 3 rows(months) with format yyyy-mm-dd for each quarter.

I've attached a sample dataset if that helps.

Thanks for any help!

Crig

3 REPLIES 3
yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

Hi @csh8428,

Though you can use the generate rows tool, I have a suggestion without it (because there is not end to the date).

Attached workflow might help you.

Best,

Yalmar

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Use the formula tool to create date fields for beginning and ending date based on the Q value (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4).

Then see this post from earlier today, with an example for Generate Rows:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Count-occurences-per-month-if-month-in...

csh8428
11 - Bolide

Works perfectly! Thanks!!

Labels