Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Looking for Oracle code for distance tool in Alteryx

devyani0210
5 - Atom

Hi,

I'm using alteryx "distance" spatial tool for centroid distance calculation but  have to convert same logic into oracle database. Could you please help me out with oracle code for distance tool.

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Would you mind clarifying what you mean by converting the logic into the database? When you use the distance tool on two centroids it will output a value of the distance. You can use the distance tool on latitude/longitude points converted to spatial objects from any data set. 

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @devyani0210 ,

do you want to implement the distance calculation you created in Alteryx in an Oracle database? I'm not absolutely sure, but I think you will need the Spatial extensions then (available with 11g or 12c). And by far not as easy to handle and comfortable as the Alteryx functions ...

Best

Roland

devyani0210
5 - Atom

Thanks! 

Yes, need to convert it in Oracle query. I've found out following link online but not sure if it does the same thing

https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/SPATL/sdo_geom-sdo_distance.htm#SPATL1117

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Basically, it does the same (calculating the distance between to spatial objects. In the Oracle Spatial, a spatial object is represented by the object itself and the location of the object. So distance is calculated using pairs (object - location), while in Alteryx there is one spatial object covering both aspects.

Labels