Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Lognormal Distribution Cumulative Function

Maureen
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone!

I'm a new user of Alteryx and come across a challenge that I don't know how to realize a function the same as EXCEL LOGNORMDIST(x, mean, standard_dev).

I'm wondering if there is any macro can help or what kind of tools I should use?

If you have any idea about this problem, please give a solution here, it will help me a lot!

Many many thanks!!

Maureen

10 REPLIES 10
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Hi Maureen,

Welcome!  Sorry, just on my phone here, but if you have the Predictive Tools installed, you could look into the Distribution Analysis tool: http://help.alteryx.com/9.5/Distribution_Analysis.htm

Hope that helps!

Maureen
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks John!

Actually I need it to return the cumulative possibility just as the Excel does, but it seems that Distribution Analysis Tool can only tell whether the data stream fits for lognormal distribution or not.

Or I miss something? ...I may need further instruction. Thanks again!

DylanB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

We don't have this as existing functionality. This should do what you want, though.

Maureen
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Dylan! I will try with this macro :D

Maureen
6 - Meteoroid

Hi DylanB,

It's really amazing! Exactly what I want!

Thans a lot! It really helps me a lot!

Best Regards,

Maureen

DylanB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Glad to help Maureen. Let me know if you run into issues.

Regards,

Dylan

DylanB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here is a version with the incoming data joined back in.

claireyang14
5 - Atom

Hi Dylan,

Thanks a lot for helping out before. I'm Maureen's team mate and now we have challenges in using this marcro.

After we updated to Version 11.5, it shows an error that the plugin of this tool can't be loaded. I have to uninstalled the new version and install an old 10.5 version back to run this macro.

Do you have any suggestion, how I can update this macro to latest version?

Thanks!

DylanB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Sorry that I'm seeing this extremely late. 

I'm not able to replicate the error, but I tried changing the version in the XML. 

Labels