Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Logistic regression - How to?

Federica_FF
11 - Bolide

Hi guys,

I'm trying to learn how to perform correctly a logistic regression.

Let's say I have a datasource1 with old data with 5 fields.

Field A is my target variable (yes/no)

Field B and C are qualitative

Field D and E are numeric, quantitative

And I also have a datasource2 with fresh data I want to use to score my prediction.

What's the best approach?

1) Should I only use the Regression Tool using all my fields as predictor variable and see which fields are significant? (Number of *** in the regression report?).

2) Or should I perform an association analysis, decide what fields are significant (table of contigency for qualitative fields and pearson/spearman correlation for the quantitative ones) and then only input the significant fields in the regression tool as predictive variables?

13 REPLIES 13
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@davidhenington - if you go to the Predictive District of the Gallery, you can find it there.

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

thanks Criston! 

eliotgoldfarb
5 - Atom

@Bridget T page not found? 

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@eliotgoldfarb

You should be able to find the starter kits on the Alteryx Public Gallery in the Predictive District. - https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!districts/56327e37aa690a17f0760bdc

Regards,

DanM

Labels