Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Login to JANUS account and fetch a web query

hardikkanabar
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team,

We have been asked to connect to our web services to pull the data.

Step1: Login to the JANUS Account (FID)

Step2: Paste the Web query in the JANUS session and get the JSON data.

I am able to login to the JANUS Account using the Download tool, but when i send the web query url in the next download tool, i am getting an unauthorized error. I have checked all my credentials and it looks fine. When I pull the Authentication cookie (manually from the browser) and pass that to my download tool, it would pull the data.

Can someone help me so that i don't have to manually pull the authentication cookie from the browser and then run my workflow?

I have read through a variety of articles on REST connector but no luck.

Any help is welcome.

Rgds,

Hardik Kanabar

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @hardikkanabar 

You mentioned that you are able to login to the JANUS Account using the Download tool. Does the session cookie happen to show up in the "DownloadHeaders" column? I haven't worked with JANUS before, but I would check to see if your session cookie shows up there. If it does, it is just a matter of parsing it out (possibly using a RegEx tool) and then passing it into the next Download tool for your subsequent API call. 

hardikkanabar
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @BrandonB

I just realised your response. The Download Headers column does happen to have the session cookies and now i able to parse it as well. This was a great learning.

Labels