Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Login Credentials

Daedalus
6 - Meteoroid

Hi

I would like to ask if it's possible to create a login credentials inside the alteryx module. My reason for asking this is that I would like to protect the confidentiality of the data I am about to release and would like to create a username password box and must have correct info inserted in that box before the report is created. 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
michael_treadwell
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I would leave the job of protecting the data to the datasource itself instead of relying on yourself to create an airtight system in Alteryx.

Connecting to a database in Alteryx requires credentials to that data source. Utilize the system that is already in place.

Daedalus
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the reply. I was actually planning on using the credentials also as a filter cause we only need them to see the data which is only assigned to them and prevent them in extracting the other data which they don't own.

michael_treadwell
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Yeah, I didn't mean for my post to sound short. I definitely understand the need for row-level security when using Alteryx. Maybe one day we will be able to publish a yxdb to Alteryx server and have those kinds of features.

There may be a way to accomplish this and if there is I would love to see it but I can tell you for sure (as you already know) that any reputable data source has a way to secure data without having to rely on a homegrown solution.

Daedalus
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the help!

Labels