Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Login Credentials

Daedalus
6 - Meteoroid

Hi

I would like to ask if it's possible to create a login credentials inside the alteryx module. My reason for asking this is that I would like to protect the confidentiality of the data I am about to release and would like to create a username password box and must have correct info inserted in that box before the report is created. 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
michael_treadwell
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I would leave the job of protecting the data to the datasource itself instead of relying on yourself to create an airtight system in Alteryx.

Connecting to a database in Alteryx requires credentials to that data source. Utilize the system that is already in place.

Daedalus
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the reply. I was actually planning on using the credentials also as a filter cause we only need them to see the data which is only assigned to them and prevent them in extracting the other data which they don't own.

michael_treadwell
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Yeah, I didn't mean for my post to sound short. I definitely understand the need for row-level security when using Alteryx. Maybe one day we will be able to publish a yxdb to Alteryx server and have those kinds of features.

There may be a way to accomplish this and if there is I would love to see it but I can tell you for sure (as you already know) that any reputable data source has a way to secure data without having to rely on a homegrown solution.

Daedalus
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the help!

Labels