Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Locking vs Encrypting a Workflow

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Good Day Everyone --

First off - -I am super excited for Inspire!!!!!

Quick question! I remember an option to Encrypt a workflow. I built a macro I wanted to encrypt, but not only is that option no longer available to me, but I see a new option called Lock Workflow (see below.)

smoskowitz_0-1621261927383.png

When I open the Lock Workflow feature, I am presented with:

smoskowitz_1-1621262053285.png

Here are my questions -- I did some searhing and there isn't a whole lot on this.

1) Is Lock Workflow the new Encrypt Workflow? If ot, where is Encrypt Workflow?

2) In the first highlighted field -- what is this serial number there are referring to?

3) In the second highlighted field -- what exactly does the experation data do?

Thanks for your help!

Kind Regards,

Seth

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Interesting topic would love to know more about this 🙂 

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @smoskowitz to answer your question yes lock your workflow is Encrypt your workflow. This link explains in more detail. However the snapshot below should answer your other questions.

Lock_Workflow_17052021.JPG

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Thank you @JosephSerpis ! That page is what I was looking for, but for some reason could not locate! 

Kind Regards,

Seth

subha11
7 - Meteor

 Good

subha11
7 - Meteor

    

Chris-Mace
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for this info it was just what I was looking for. 

I also found the link was broken now to the help pages so I went and found this one in it's place. 

https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/designer/workflows/workflow-management/lock-your-workflow.html 

Labels