Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Locking Workflow with serial number permission

NPIV
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am trying to test the locking functionality to find out if this method would protect my workflow, allowing only authorised serial numbers to edit the workflow.

I have done the following:

Options > Advanced Options > Lock Workflow then in 'Restrict use to specific serial numbers' I have entered my email address (which is the serial number attached to my version of Designer). However, when I try to then open the locked workflow, I am given a dialog box saying 'This workflow is locked and can't be opened for editing'.

Can anyone provide some insight about how the lock with serial number exceptions should behave?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @NPIV ,

The option to lock your workflow lets you more than locking it, to encrypt it. 

This means, only the selected serial number will be able to run it, but no one will be able to open it anymore. Once you lock it, there is no way to unlock it anymore.

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/lock-your-workflow

Regards

NPIV
5 - Atom

Thank you! 

Labels