Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Locking Select Tools

eisesara
7 - Meteor

Is there a way to lock a select tool so no more columns are added to it if other parts of the model are changing?

I am outputting data into S3 buckets but if any column is added the S3 cannot read the data, so I need to make sure no more columns flow into the select ... if I make changes to the model, sometimes another column sneaks in there and causes hours of issues. Ideally, I'd like to lock the select tools as they are right now not to be affected by changes to the model.

Any thoughts or ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Hi @eisesara ,

Have you tried unchecking the "*Unknown" value in your Select tool? This indicates whether or not you want the flow to include or exclude new columns as they come through the data stream. If this box is selected then new columns will flow through and potentially create problems, but if you deselect it then any new columns since you configured the flow will drop from the data stream. Would this fix your issue?

kayers_0-1591036271368.png

eisesara
7 - Meteor

Wow. Thanks. This totally fixes the issue. Thanks so much.

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

@eisesara glad to hear it! Could you mark my post as the Accepted Solution to close out this thread?

Labels