Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Locking Section of Workflow

rishabh_1995
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx Community,

I currently have an Alteryx workflow, which can be broken down into 2 sections: the first one dealing with data cleansing and preparation, and the second section dealing with analysis. I am trying to find a way of locking the analysis section of the workflow (as it is standardized and I don't want the people who I share the workflow with to edit that). However, I want to leave the data prep section of it open to edits as that would vary depending on the incoming data. 

Unfortunately I'm not able to share the current version of my workflow. However, I just wanted to know whether this is possible.

4 REPLIES 4
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@rishabh_1995 you can do this by converting the analysis section of the workflow into a standard macro and setting it up as a Read-only.

Have a look at this article previously posted and solved on our Community:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Locking-a-workflow/td-p/137719

rishabh_1995
8 - Asteroid

Hi @RishiK,

Thanks for providing me with this solution. I have managed to convert that section to a standard macro, and have utilized the read-only option stated in that article. But is there a better way of locking the macro (because anyone can still very easily go and uncheck the read-only option). I would have to circulate this to a large group of people so I need to ensure that no one can fiddle around with this in any way.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

You can encrypt the macro then save it to be used by others. Only you will have access to the open version. 

https://help.alteryx.com/2018.2/ModuleEncryption.htm

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
rishabh_1995
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Mark, this works perfectly ! 🙂

Labels