Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Location Optimizer

nsessa
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx community,

I have to figure out the most optimal location in a given state based on our current demand. The location can be any zip code within that same state and I am not trying to optimize from using existing warehouses/DCS. It is my understanding that the Alteryx location macro would help here if I had the demand by set up DCs, whereas have demand but it is not technically tied anywhere. How can this be done using Alteryx. I have my list of zip codes and their demand, and I will have to get a list of all zip codes within that state. 

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

HI @nsessa 

The Location Optimizer macro type is a legacy feature that can be replaced with more standard iterative/batch macros, so I wouldn't worry too much about sticking to that feature. 

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but the outline above indicates that you'll have a list of ZIP codes with a demand value appended and you need to select the one with the highest demand in the same state? It sounds like a few basic steps to match on state, then find the highest value ZIP, but I'm probably missing something. Would it be possible to share some sample data and desired outcomes?

Labels