Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Locate field at result windows for a large dataset

janchan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I need to work on a large dataset that contain over 100 fields. Is that a way to quickly jump to a particular field to review the result without applying additional tools (such as "select" or "Dynamic select') or changing the field sequence of the table?  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @janchan 

I this might help you. In the result window you have option to select fields. Click on highlighted field option to select specific fields to be displayed.

atcodedog05_0-1625652341041.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @janchan 

You can also apply quick filter by clicking on 3dots option on the field and this is applied only in the result window.

atcodedog05_0-1625652574366.png

janchan
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks atcodegog05,

I tried with the drop down field list and three dots search on specific field as well.  My issue is I want to jump to a specific field quickly without looking through the entire field list (sometime the result windows has over 100 fields)

- drop down field list does not support search

- Three dot search and filter does not support field name

Any idea?  Thanks for your reply.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @janchan 

Hmm, i dont whether there is a way.

janchan
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks.  Hopefully there will be an update soon.

Labels