Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Loading data from csv or text to Teradata tables

Lifesigns
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I recently asked a question about storing data and a database was the preferred option which I understand. 

The company I work for use a variety of tools but the one I have to work with is Teradata. 

My question is how do I load said csv or pipe delimited text files, daily circa 10k records, into different Teradata tables. I’ve tried various options but it returns a login error and eventually locks the Teradata user account. 

I’d have thought it be simpler but I’m likely missing something… the ODBC seems to need to specify the database and table from what I can see which won’t work as each file has its own destination table. 

If I can get it to work and apply logic based on the file then it can definitely be a macro. 

Obviously, the import works fine in Teradata…

Achieved this with SSIS many times so I am a little perplexed and would appreciate any thoughts. 

Thx

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Lifesigns a login error usually means you're missing something or have a typo in the connection settings.

Can you post the exact error?

Lifesigns
6 - Meteoroid

The connection details are in the ODBC driver connection which is how I use It in Teradata Assistant. 

In Alteryx I’ve tried using that ODBC but it returns an error on username and password. 

Results in a locked account very quickly. 

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

What is the exact error message returned?  I know it sounds redundant, but Teradata/ODBC error messages can be oddly generic and mean different things.

Also, is the username and password saved in the ODBC connection or do you have to enter it when you use Teradata SQLA?

Labels