Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Load multiple excel files and remove first N lines for all the Excel 97-2003 format

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

Hello Team,

I am new to Alteryx and have issue as I want load multiple excel files and wanted to remove first N lines from all the excels. I tried Dynamic input but the option Start loading from line NO is missing as I have excel format as 97-2003. PFA with the sample excel. I want one file with headers as ID, Name and Count.

7 REPLIES 7
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You are on the right track with the dynamic input. The import configurations are set on your template file, all files you then read in will use those properties.

Ben

shreyanshrathod
11 - Bolide

Hi @ferha_jafri ,

This can be a possible solution. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shreyansh Rathod

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

With Excel 97-2003 excel format it is not working.

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your reply but still I am not able to get the desired result in real scenario I have 4 excel and in future we can have N no. of excels and in this solution it working for 2 files only, can we a generic solution which will include N no. of files.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

HI @ferha_jafri ,

I've attached a couple of tools and a working example.

the first tool loads in all tab names from all Excel files, and creates a full path. You can then filter out all unwanted tabs.

The second dynamically loads in all Excel files.

You may need to change things slightly on the directory to pick up .xls rather than .xlsx but the rest will work.

Hope this helps,

M

Bulien

Sashikumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I Designed a very simple macro and i think it will resolve your problem.

Spoiler
xls_file.PNG

ferha_jafri
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Sashikumar,

I am trying to use you solution for the real data, but not able to change the path of the files, could you please help me to use your solution for my real data. I am new to Alteryx and did not used macros till now.

Thanks in advance

Labels