Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Load Excel data into SQL table by pivoting specified set based on set of columns

aparanjith1
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I want to load the date of excel sheet into a SQL table, and I have to load the same set of data into the table based on the scenario value of the column. For example see the image below

Test.PNG,

My table will have 7 columns like Asset_Class, Asset_product, Buy_sell, Put_call, ccy, Index and Scenario.

So, I need to load the data from column A to F and scenario "BHC severely Adverse" as 1 set if data. Similarly, column A to F and scenario "Severe USD crisis" as set 2; and column A to F and scenario "JPM Severely Adverse" as 3rd set of data.

Is there a way we can do this in alteryx in one shot?

Much appreciated, Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

The answer is yes for sure; I would start looking for batch macros, in the mean time perhaps someone can give you more guidance on exactly how this can be achieved, but it would take a bit of effort to build a demo, which is why I suggest looking at batch macros and then asking further questions!

https://www.thedataschool.co.uk/rachel-phang/batch-macros-alteryx/

Ben

aparanjith1
8 - Asteroid

This worked just by using a simple pivot tool and selecting the desired columns from them.

Labels