Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Load Excel Template and then Save to separate file

SE_Bill
5 - Atom

Good afternoon all!

I've got a workflow where I am looking to open an Excel file that has 2 predefined ranges that I am going to fill as part of the workflow process.  I then want to save this Excel file as a different file name.  So for example "pretty_template.xlsx" would be master sheet that is loaded and the output would be "pretty_spreadsheet.xlsx".  I have the part where it will save the data out if the spreadsheet is already in the "pretty_spreadsheet.xlsx" format, but I am struggling with how to open the master file to insert the data.

TIA!

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@SE_Bill 
What I can think of is to copy your template file to the target file with a Run Command Tool, then write the data to the target file.

0122-SE_Bill.PNG

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I suggest making a copy of your template file and saving it with your new output file name. This post has an example you should be able to leverage.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Output-amp-duplicate-template-file/td-... 

echuong1_0-1611275760363.png

SE_Bill
5 - Atom

Thanks all.  I think that idea will work.  Much appreciated.

Labels