Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Little Plus Mark

robertfishel
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx fans!  A coworker was asking me this morning why I have a little black plus symbol on my Data Cleanse tool in a workflow, while he does not.  Well, I don't know.....so......?

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @robertfishel!

This indicates that the tool is a macro. If you right click on it, you can open its configuration. Several Alteryx tools come as macros. Select Records is another example. If you create your own macros, they will appear with the plus mark as well.

If you go to Options>User Settings>Edit User Settings then navigate to the Canvas tab, you can change this setting.

Capture.PNG

robertfishel
8 - Asteroid

Thank you.  Your answer makes sense.  My only concern is that I didn't create a macro lol.  I just drag a data cleanse tool into my workflow and the plus is there.  Does that make any sense?

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@robertfishel Yes that makes sense, and that is how it should work. The tool is inherently a macro when you download Alteryx. The reason your plus sign is showing and your coworker's isn't is because of the difference in settings.

robertfishel
8 - Asteroid

Labels