Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ListItem ID cannot be added in SharePoint List Output

KMadamba
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am trying to add new data into a SharePoint List. However, I got the error: SharePoint List Output (182): Incoming data does not have the ListItem ID. 

I added a record ID tool and renamed this as ID in the hopes that this will fix it.. but then I got this other error: 

ListItem ID cannot be added. It is assigned by SharePoint 

How do I add new data? I have only been seeing posts about updating an item in sharepoint using the ID. But I only want to add a new item, not update.

Appreciate any help.

3 REPLIES 3
kaosrules88
7 - Meteor

Hi,

The ID Field in SharePoint is created by SharePoint itself so do not include that field when trying to Append data to the list.  Only use the other fields that you need for the list.

The only time you should need the ID field is if you are Updating list data.

KMadamba
8 - Asteroid

@kaosrules88 thanks! That got me looking into my column names. I just added a select tool before the sharepoint output list tool and found that the columns of the list did not match with the number of columns in the input. Silly me 

burnam
5 - Atom

Hello - I actually do need this to show up in my Alteryx data. I'd like to use the Sharepoint ID data to refer back to the actual list item in Sharepoint. Is there any way to have this pull through?

Labels