Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

List the tables in an Access DB (.MDB or .accdb)

Sunilkumar_S
5 - Atom
I have an access DB file and I need to list the names of all tables present in that access DB. there is no direct way to get the table names similar to how we get the list of sheet names from an excel file. I tried couple of things I found on the Alteryx community using a select query on MSysObjects. but I am getting an error message saying "No read permission on the MSysObjects". if any know any workaround for this. please let me know. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora
Sunilkumar_S
5 - Atom
Hi Messi007, Thanks for your response. I tried the method in this post. it does not seem to be working. When I use the below query in the input tool by pointing to the access db, SELECT MSysObjects.Name AS table_name FROM MSysObjects WHERE (((Left([Name],1))<>"~") AND ((Left([Name],4))<>"MSys") AND ((MSysObjects.Type) In (1,4,6))) order by MSysObjects.Name I am getting an error message saying, "Records Cannot be Read. No read permission on MSysObjects". I am not sure how we can overcome this error.
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Sunilkumar_S,

I googled the error as I'm not MS Access expert. But it looks you need to ask for permissions

messi007_0-1622185043315.png

Hope this helps!

Regards.

Labels