Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

List the Excel Worksheet Names with a Batch Macro

Hiblet
10 - Fireball

I have a very simple Batch Macro, attached.  This is intended to take a Control Parameter (a full file path) and get the Excel Sheet names.

The idea is that I can push a lot of Excel full file paths to the macro, and it will list out the Sheet names.

For some reason the macro stops after the first iteration, and I don't understand why.

13 REPLIES 13
Hiblet
10 - Fireball

Hi @JosephSerpis , attached is the yxdb file, it is 3 different files.  File attached.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Hiblet from your earlier screenshots I can see you don't have a browse tool after your batch macro. Can you add one and try again I got the same error as you "1 iteration were run (ended by a downstream tool) when I removed the browse tool after your batch marco. The batch macro requires an output for it to iterate correctly.

Hiblet
10 - Fireball

Hi @JosephSerpis , If I ditch the yxdb and use a text input with paths, still only the first one generates results.

Hiblet
10 - Fireball

Hi @JosephSerpis OMFG that is what it is!  When I add a browse tool, it works.  I have never seen that before.  Thanks for that, I have learned something today, hopefully someone else might benefit from this too!  Hats off!

Labels