Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

List box tool can't specified connection

Gamaliel
10 - Fireball

Hello,

Can help me with this problem? I used external source for the fields in the list box tool. There is no error like this when I manually input the values. 

Gamaliel_0-1626485134948.png

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Can you share an image of how your list box is configured, I assume it’s all okay but the main thing here is that the file which contains your drop down values should have two columns, one called NAME and one called VALUE, this would be the thing I think is most likely to be going wrong but I’m not sure if it would produce this error!

Ben

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Gamaliel 

Curious by @BenMoss comments, I did some testing.

Case 1: when option file doesn't have name and value column it gives the below error.

atcodedog05_0-1626503622841.png

Case 2: when options file was renamed/moved to another location. Thereby the configured option file is not present you will get the below error.

atcodedog05_1-1626503967575.png

Not able to recreate your error or able find any post on it😅. Can you share snapshots and sample files. We will be happy to help.

Gamaliel
10 - Fireball

@atcodedog05 @BenMoss thanks for your responses. The error was resolved after I copied/transferred the workflow to a window designer. I was not able to save the old workflow containing that error.

Labels