Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

List Runner - Overview of workflows progress

olivia_paquot
8 - Asteroid

Hi !

Is it possible to see the evolution of the progress of a list runner ? To kown Which scrip is running at any time ?

Thanks for your help :-)

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @olivia_paquot,

Can you give me some further information around what you are looking for with that macro? 

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
olivia_paquot
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JessicaS!

We would like to run multiple macro one after the other without opening it all, but we want to know which macro is running at each time - to have a view of the workflows that are running.

Thanks !

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @olivia_paquot

If you select 'show all macro messages' on the runtime tab, you can watch the results and see a message with the workflow full path to tell you where it is at in processing. You could also use the message tool to build in a more customized message to suit your needs. 

2018-12-05_9-54-58.png

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
olivia_paquot
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @JessicaS for your help !

brendafos
10 - Fireball

I am using the List Runner from the Crew Macros.

I have two questions:

1. It seems to run slower than if I ran each workflow individually?  Any thoughts on that?
  2. I need to precisly controll the order inwhich the workflows run. What I've done is number them so they sort in the order I want them to run.  But is there a better way to control the order they run?    [Note - I cannot use the Conditional Runner because the data is mess and the workflows throw errors which would stop the sequence of workflows with the Conditional Runner.]

List Runner Order.JPG

Labels