Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

List Runner - Overview of workflows progress

olivia_paquot
8 - Asteroid

Hi !

Is it possible to see the evolution of the progress of a list runner ? To kown Which scrip is running at any time ?

Thanks for your help :-)

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @olivia_paquot,

Can you give me some further information around what you are looking for with that macro? 

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
olivia_paquot
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JessicaS!

We would like to run multiple macro one after the other without opening it all, but we want to know which macro is running at each time - to have a view of the workflows that are running.

Thanks !

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @olivia_paquot

If you select 'show all macro messages' on the runtime tab, you can watch the results and see a message with the workflow full path to tell you where it is at in processing. You could also use the message tool to build in a more customized message to suit your needs. 

2018-12-05_9-54-58.png

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
olivia_paquot
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @JessicaS for your help !

brendafos
10 - Fireball

I am using the List Runner from the Crew Macros.

I have two questions:

1. It seems to run slower than if I ran each workflow individually?  Any thoughts on that?
  2. I need to precisly controll the order inwhich the workflows run. What I've done is number them so they sort in the order I want them to run.  But is there a better way to control the order they run?    [Note - I cannot use the Conditional Runner because the data is mess and the workflows throw errors which would stop the sequence of workflows with the Conditional Runner.]

List Runner Order.JPG

Labels