Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

List Box or Radio Button Analytic App Interface

Desmond
8 - Asteroid

I am fairly new to Alteryx and I am having difficulty finding a start to finish explanation of using the List Box or Radio Button Interface tools. My understanding is that the tools can be used to filter unwanted data from a list without having to manually adjust with a filter within the workflow. Here is a basic sample of data that I would like to filter down:

BranchDateCheck Amount
Dothan12/14/201761600
Indianapolis7/27/20176683.63
Indianapolis4/12/20189185
Dothan9/29/20175875
Milwaukee6/16/20175155
Tulsa8/3/20178801
Dothan3/13/20185070
Albuquerque11/28/20175986.06
Dothan2/19/20186000
Dothan2/5/20186000

I would like to filter this data based upon Branch. My intent is to build in the List Box or Radio Button features so that another user would only need to select the branch or branches they want data for and then the workflow can go about preparing the data. If I understand the process (which I most likely do not), the Interface Designer has to be used to configure these types of tools? Any suggestions on how to set one of these tools up within my workflow and how the Interface Designer should be configured to make it work? Any help is appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
ZacharyM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi there!

You probably want to use a checklist if they can make multiple selections - radio buttons will only allow one. Also, radio buttons are more used for a 2 option selection.

You probably want a checklist or a dropdown box.

This article on how to configure a Dropdown Box is pretty much identical to your scenario - you would just connect the other steps to a Picklist tool instead - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Drop-Down/ta-p/37094

Take a look and let me know if this makes sense otherwise I can try to build out an example for you.

Best,

Zak

ZacharyM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I put together an example that will do exactly what you're looking for.

Note: In order to engage the Interface tools, you have to run the workflow as an application (the little magic wand button next to the play/run button).

If this solves your issue, please make sure you mark this post (or another one that solves the issue) as an accepted solution so that the community knows you've been helped!

Desmond
8 - Asteroid

ZacharyM,

Thank you very much for the example.  We were able to apply it to a more complicated workflow and it works great!

Labels