Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

List Box - Select fields to display

Alexstar
7 - Meteor

Hi, I am struggling to see why my flow is not working when run on the Run As Analytic App. Anyone can help?

Run as flow is ok.

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Hi @Alexstar,

I've made several modifications to your app.  I hope that this provides you with not only a solution, but a better understanding of the concepts.  Please let me know if there is something unclear about this.  You will want users to start with LotSizeRunner_0.yxwz.

1.  Relative paths.  I used relative paths to point to the data.  Everything is assumed to be in the same directory (app, list, output).  You can change this, but pointing to the S: drive makes the app only work where the S: drive is known.  UNC paths can be set (e.g. \\MyNetwork\Working_Dir\) as well.  [Options -> Advanced Options -> Workflow Dependencies]

2. Chained App.  Step one is to read the input file (which by the way is FIXED and you might want the flexibility to allow the user to point to a file) and to build the list of unique quarters present in the input file.  It will create a yxdb with name & value pairs for the quarters.

Capture.png

On success, in the Interface Designer, I have set it to run the LotSizeRunner_1 application.

Capture.png

3. List Box.  This reads from the _0 application yxdb for unique quarters.  This was also updated to create a list of "Dates" that are comma separated.  I did this so that the list of quarters could be used in the filter via an IN () function.

Capture.png

4.  Update Value (Action).  The update is now set to replace "test1" with the list of values selected via the List Box input.

Capture.png

4.  Update workflow.  Removed logic around building the list box and updated the filter to use IN () Logic.

Capture.png

I've packaged the 0, 1, input, listbox and output files into a yxzp package for you.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Alexstar
7 - Meteor

Amazing thank you very much.

All works perfectly

gwiz
8 - Asteroid

Would you mind attaching the yxzp with the additional files as mentioned?

I'd like to take a deeper look at this case! Appreciate it, if possible. Thanks

fikeramare
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @MarqueeCrew ,I have multiple MSSQL parameters and I used multiple list box but it’s not displaying any record. Can you please help On this? 

Labels