Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

List Box Configuration Problem

hyan028
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have been searching for related topics and tried to mimic what other config the list box and action tool, but my workflow still doesn't work.  I hope someone could help me figure out what is wrong.

So basically I want to have the option to choose multiple items from the list box and use them to filter to get the results associated with those chose values.  The workflow is attached and the screen shot is here:

Capture.PNG

It would be really appreciated if someone could help out on this.  

Thank you,

Blake

7 REPLIES 7
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey @hyan028

This is a pretty common mistake. If you look at your action tool, you aren't actually selecting the "expression-value" section which is the actual expression, then you tell it to replace the specific string at the bottom. You were 99% of the way there, you just have to select the correct area in the action tool.

Correct:

Right.png

Incorrect: 

Wrong.png

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
hyan028
7 - Meteor

Hi Treyson, 

Thanks for the reply.  I tried to config based on your "Correct" screen shot but the results still come out nothing.  I'm not sure if I completely follow, please see my screenshot here:

Capture.PNG

If you have get the workflow run correctly, would you be able to show me the updated workflow so I can see what the changes you have made?

Thank you,

Blake

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

It should be fine if you just made that change. Please see the attached.

Treyson Marks
hyan028
7 - Meteor

Thanks Treyson.  Not sure if it is due to my old version of Alteryx or problem with my excel, sometimes the output of the workflow just can't write to the designated sheet.  But I used my personal computer to run the workflow and it works perfectly.  Thank you again for your help, this really solves a huge problem for me.

Best,

Blake

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Let's talk about that! Can I get a snapshot of your config on the write out?

Treyson Marks
hyan028
7 - Meteor

Hi Treyson,

I think I got you confused in my previous reply.  Your solution was absolutely correct, it's just my firm's laptop has some tricky setup for the software that made it crush often.  You have solved the problem.  Thank you very much!!

Best,

Blake

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

oh word! Good luck and keep Altering Everything!

Treyson Marks
Labels