Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Link to JSON HTML Address

ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone,

I am currently trying to connect to a JSON HTML Address.  I have a very simple workflow set up right now.  One is a text input that has the URL I want to link to.  The 2nd is a download configuration tool and then a browse.  

Then I am getting the below error.  Without it grabbing any data.  If I put the URL in a browser I get the JSON file.  

Let me know how I can set this up!  I've been trying several different ways but I always get this error.

DownloadData
{"error":{"message":"Exception of type \\u0027xxxxxx.JsonSerializerException\\u0027 was thrown.",
"code":-32700,"data":{"id":"xxxxxxxxx","type":"JsonSerializerException","requestIndex":0},
"name":"JSONRPCError","errors":[{"message":"Exception of type \\u0027xxxxx.JsonSerializerException\\u0027 was thrown.",
"name":"JsonSerializerException"}]},"jsonrpc":"2.0","requestIndex":0}

3 REPLIES 3
krysten
7 - Meteor

Hi! What call are you using with your address? Are you able to attach your workflow? 

Some things that I have had to try initially without knowing how you've set it up was changing the download tool call from GET to POST or unchecking encode URL.

ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

Well that worked.  All I had to do was uncheck the "encode URL".  I can't believe I didn't try that before!!  Thanks!!

krysten
7 - Meteor

So that happened to me as well my first time! I'm glad it worked for you :) 

Labels