Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Link Interface Network Folder

tommasoBicocchi
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to add a link into an app interface to a shared folder?

Thank you,

T.

5 REPLIES 5
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @tommasoBicocchi ,

Yes you can do that. In your app, open the interface designer (View > Interface Designer) and with the Layout View selected select  "Link" from the add drop-down.

A new object will appear in your interface window, which you can edit by clicking on it. Then in the configuration window, you can change the text that appears there (mine was left as default - link (138)) and then you can add the link/filepath to that shared drive location to the file destination text box underneath.

AngelosPachis_1-1639075905101.png

Now in your app interface you will have a hyperlink showing, and if you click on it you will be taken to that location

Untitled.png

Cheers,

Angelos

tommasoBicocchi
7 - Meteor

Thank you @AngelosPachis!

vil
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I just have alteryx designer updated to Version: 2022.3.1.395  (the version I used before was 2021 I think) and all my links to shared folders does not work. I tried to remove and set up links to folders from scratch, but that didn't help. Did anyone face this issue?

compunut
6 - Meteoroid

Did you ever get a response to this? I have the same issue an can't find any documentation now on LINK in interface designer.

vil
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, there is a bug in recent versions, so the links to folders do not work. After a call to show the exact issue I got a reply from Alteryx support trough my company saying: "We are pleased to notify you that the issue with the Interface Links - Unable to access Folder Locations has been resolved. It will, however, be available in the future Designer Version 2024.1". 

Labels