community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Liner Regression Run-time error

Dear Alteryx Experts 

I want to do a linear regression prediction, when I create the Liner regression tool and start running it I got the following error: 

Error: Linear Regression (10): Tool #170: The R.exe exit code (4294967295) indicated an error.

Not sure the cause of this error and how to handle it?

The WF and the data on this shared link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cBkBN8o-aC_oBFuGA5-8fYdL8dCUqRuA

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello,

you model works fine for me. Which version of Designer do you have ? Have you ever succeded to run a model ? If not, are you sure you have the right version of the predictive tools ?

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

I'm using the latest designer 2018.4

For Your Question :

Have you ever succeded to run a model ? I was but I think with the previous version of alteryx

If not, are you sure you have the right version of the predictive tools? I don't know how to discover this? 

Please note the latest replay above, what sort of action shall I do, shall I keep this error because it will not make any problem to the final results when using score tool ? or I should do another action?

Thank you

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello,

I would recommend to install the latest version of Designer (build  2018.4.5.55178.exe), and reinstall predictive tools from the option menu to see what's happen.

How I re-install it (predictive tools) from the menu? 

I downloaded and Installed (2018.4.5.55178.exe) successfully,

Also, I downloaded the predictive tools related to the new version of Ateryx and re-installed successfully it but when I run the workflow still the same errors occur again, here is the errors syntax:

Error: Linear Regression (10): Tool #4: The R.exe exit code (4294967295) indicated an error.
Error: Linear Regression (10): Tool #170: AlteryxProcessManager::Start: Timed out in ConnectNamedPipe after 9000 milliseconds , but I have two notes after the error:

The browse tool on the report (R) output of the tool list all the needed information about the result of the regression, while the Interactive report (I) doesn't give me any results (no data) is that means the (2) errors above are minor and it will not affect the final score negatively ? 

Alteryx
Alteryx

Do you have an anti-virus or anti-malware on your PC ? Because the error you mention is often encountered in this case. If so, try to desactivate it.

I have windows defender only (comes with windows 10 by default), But if I de-activate it might cause a threat to the device !!

Labels