Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Linear regression "The R version 3.6.3 is not installed on this system"

VanDinh
6 - Meteoroid
I am a student at University of Houston. I installed Alteryx to do my classwork. I installed the Admin version of Alteryx Designer and Predictive Tools. However, when I do the Associate Analysis, when I run workflow, it says " Error: Association Analysis (2): Tool #9: The R version "3.6.3" is not installed on this system." Could you please help me on this matter?
Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @VanDinh 

This was a similar issue, please take a look at this topic as it should help you.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Linear-regression-quot-The-R-version-3... 

Pedro.

VanDinh
6 - Meteoroid

I saw it before, but there is no zip file like that in my laptop. So I do not know how to fix it. I uninstalled and re-installed but still did not work.

adeyossy
6 - Meteoroid

Hello @VanDingh, I don't know if you still need this information but I noticed while installing R predictive tools that the installer would briefly flash the RPkgs.zip file but skip right through it.

After the installation was complete but the problem persisted, I extracted the .exe file with Winrar (you can use WinZip as well) and looked for the RPkgs.zip file. I found it in one of the folders resulting from the extraction. I copied the file to the R-3.6.3 (or any later version) folder in Program Files/Alteryx and extracted it there and it worked.

Things I'd tried but didn't work:

• Installing older versions with the same version of R and trying to update to the more recent version but to avail
  • Removing all of Alteryx and performing a brand new installation.
  • Manually installing R from r-project website but I ran into the issue of Rcpp (which can be fixed) and AlteryxRDataX (which was difficult to resolve) being missing.
Labels