Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Linear regression "The R version 3.6.3 is not installed on this system"

VanDinh
6 - Meteoroid
I am a student at University of Houston. I installed Alteryx to do my classwork. I installed the Admin version of Alteryx Designer and Predictive Tools. However, when I do the Associate Analysis, when I run workflow, it says " Error: Association Analysis (2): Tool #9: The R version "3.6.3" is not installed on this system." Could you please help me on this matter?
Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @VanDinh 

This was a similar issue, please take a look at this topic as it should help you.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Linear-regression-quot-The-R-version-3... 

Pedro.

VanDinh
6 - Meteoroid

I saw it before, but there is no zip file like that in my laptop. So I do not know how to fix it. I uninstalled and re-installed but still did not work.

adeyossy
6 - Meteoroid

Hello @VanDingh, I don't know if you still need this information but I noticed while installing R predictive tools that the installer would briefly flash the RPkgs.zip file but skip right through it.

After the installation was complete but the problem persisted, I extracted the .exe file with Winrar (you can use WinZip as well) and looked for the RPkgs.zip file. I found it in one of the folders resulting from the extraction. I copied the file to the R-3.6.3 (or any later version) folder in Program Files/Alteryx and extracted it there and it worked.

Things I'd tried but didn't work:

• Installing older versions with the same version of R and trying to update to the more recent version but to avail
  • Removing all of Alteryx and performing a brand new installation.
  • Manually installing R from r-project website but I ran into the issue of Rcpp (which can be fixed) and AlteryxRDataX (which was difficult to resolve) being missing.
Labels