Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Linear regression "The R version 3.6.3 is not installed on this system"

alhabib
5 - Atom

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to Alteryx and learning it as part of my course in school. So I installed a fresh Alteryx 2020.3 along with it's respective analytics package - both admin versions. 

I tried to create a work flow with linear regression, I have the predictive icon in my toolbar at the top and I can drag linear regression onto the screen or tree maps, any and all of them. 

Any time I try to run any of those tools I get the message that "The R version "3.6.3" is not installed on this system". 

The steps I've taken after thoroughly going through the support website and speaking with support by email:

- I have done a clean removal. Through control panel, program data files and tried to remove the reg keys but I can't find them on my system.

- reinstalled 2020.3 + predictive tools package

- used revo uninstaller to uninstall everything since i still couldn't see the registry keys

-installed the fresh new 2020.4+predictive tools

still seeing the same error message. 

At this point my thoughts are that it's a installation path issue. But when I look at the program files for Alteryx I see that R is installed there.

Any help would be super appreciated

Thanks in advance,

AH

15 REPLIES 15
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @alhabib 

With Alteryx it's possible to install it with a 'non-admin' installer and an 'admin installer', it's really important that both your designer version and your predictive version both make use of the same 'type' of installer (either both non-admin or both admin).

If you search windows for your Alteryx Designer version, if it has (User) suffixed at the end, this indicates it is using the non-admin installer, so therefor you should download the non-admin predictive tools.

If it doesn't then you need the admin tools.

Also make sure you are matching the version of designer with the version of the predictive tools (i.e. 20.3 tools with 20.3 Designer).

I hope this info is useful, I imagine (well hope for you), that it is simply a missmatch in these types.

Ben

alhabib
5 - Atom

Thanks for your reply, 

I ensure they were the matching pair each time I've downloaded it. For good measure I even downloaded the non admin version of design and the predictive tools and in that instance as well it gave me the same error.

What would you suggest otherwise?

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Okay, that's interesting, unfortunately I'm not sure I have any other responses up my sleeve. I've checked through the support tickets we handle at our company and I can't find anything that would help in this case.

I've found this forum post, which has a 3rd option, but I'm not sure if it's relevant with your problem: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Predictive-Tools-or-R-Tool-missing-...

In terms of moving forward, let's see if anyone else has any ideas, but you can also raise your issue with Alteryx support (support@alteryx.com).

Ben

peirceyip
5 - Atom

Hi, am having this problem too

Did you manage to find a solution to this?

UgoAgo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Please could you check your C:\Users\(user_name)\AppData\Local\Alteryx\R-3.6.3 folder

do you see 3 files as shown below, where one of them is the RPkgs.7z

If you do, please unzip the RPkgs.7z in the R-3.6.3 directory and retest

image.png

JosT
5 - Atom

I just had contact with the Alteryx support team. The following action resolved my issue:

In folder C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Alteryx\R-3.6.3 there was a zip file called RPkgs.7z which was not unpacked automatically. Unpacking this file resolved the issue for me.

codesomer
5 - Atom

I tried all the steps above and nothing worked for me.

Please help

VanDinh
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I installed Admin version of Predictive Tools. however, it does not have zip file that you said. Do you know other solution?  Thank you

UgoAgo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Please contact Alteryx Support (support@alteryx.com) for resolution of this issue 

Labels