Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Linear Regression Tool (Coefficient and No intercept)

aetingu
7 - Meteor

Dear all,

I am new with Alteryx.  I have been a heavy Python user, but as you can imagine it is not for everyone.  I have been trying to replicate some work I had done in python in Alteryx.  

I have a simple excel spreadsheet with balances (Target) and GDP (Feature) where I convert these to 12M growth rates and put it through the linear regression tool and I would like to have no intercept i.e. b to be zero.  I use Omit a model constant to accomplish this.  My issue is with the coefficient that I get our of the model. I would have expected to see 2.9 for my m (slope in y=mx+0), but it is giving me 0.000029 for some reason, would you know why this is happening?

Thank you for all your help in advance,

Aksel

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @aetingu ,

Would you be able to share a sample dataset for me to test it out? Since you know already the expected result, maybe it is something related to the format of the numbers itself.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels