community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Linear Regression Error: mixing Unicode and octal/hex escapes in a string is not allowed

Atom

Hi,

I am using the Linear Regression tool for the first time in Alteryx.  I am receiving the following errors.  I am not sure how to address these errors.  Any suggestions?

Error: Linear Regression (10): Tool #4: Error: mixing Unicode and octal/hex escapes in a string is not allowed

Error: Linear Regression (10): Tool #4: Execution halted

Error: Linear Regression (10): Tool #107: Tool #51: The field "Fit_Stats" is not contained in the record.

Error: Linear Regression (10): Tool #4: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

Error: Linear Regression (10): Tool #170: Error: mixing Unicode and octal/hex escapes in a string is not allowed

Error: Linear Regression (10): Tool #170: Execution halted

Error: Linear Regression (10): Tool #170: The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

Attached is the workflow.

Thanks,

Fergus

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

It's quite difficult to diagnose the issue here without the data. 

I would try two things though, remove the underscores in your renames. And use 'double' data types on your calculated fields.

Ben

Atom

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I tried both removing '_' and setting calculated fields to double.  

I have attached the data set.  Let me know if there is something else I am missing?

Thanks,

Fergus

Atom

Hi,

To confirm these changes did not resolve the error message problem.

Thanks,

Fergus

Highlighted
Atom

Open R

type in:

install.packages("haven")

this fixed it for me... the haven package is being used by the module but it is not installed in the R used by Alteryx automatically.  This will install it.  (Note: you may be asked to select a mirror site...just pick the closest to you)

Alteryx Partner

When I was doing Logistic Regression, I also encountered such unicode, fit_stats and other errors. I had Arabic Language in the fields and as I didn't require them, I replaced it with English. Also made sure that fields didn't have null values, field names didn't have spaces etc. I could get rid of many errors due to these.

Alteryx
Alteryx

Also check your workflow path for any Unicode characters. It gets put in the R code as a variable.

Labels