Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Line vs Polyline vs Poly-Polyline

enwiegand
7 - Meteor

I was looking through the help documentation for the Spatial Process Tool and it talks about lines, poly lines, and poly-poly lines. What is the difference between these 3 objects?

2 REPLIES 2
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @enwiegand 

Line and Poly-Line are the same in the Designer's view, but Poly-Line is multiple lines.

AkimasaKajitani_2-1605668073014.png

AkimasaKajitani_1-1605668053566.png

Poly-Poly-Line is multiple Poly-Lines.

For example, Poly-Poly-Line is created by Summarize Tool that combine the Poly-Line(or Line).

AkimasaKajitani_3-1605668116844.png

AkimasaKajitani_4-1605668136455.png

AkimasaKajitani_5-1605668143761.png

The definitions are different, but I don't think there is a big difference when deal them.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @enwiegand 

@AkimasaKajitani has given the best possible explanation with a detailed example for the concept 🙂

Explanation is not available in any documentation, most people dont bother about it😅

Really appreciate @AkimasaKajitani  effort for explaining the concept by creating a practical example walkthrough.

If this the post helps you, i would definitely recommend marking his post as solution.

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Labels