Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Limit on the number of files per folder when connecting to Box

Zampy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I am trying to pull in all the files from a Box repository with several folders that are categorizing the files into different groups.  Overall, there are around 1700 files in total spread among the different subfolders. 

I am able to connect to Box via JWT, but when I did a completeness check I noticed that I am only able to extract the first 100 files in each subfolder alphabetically.  I am currently downloading the files to my local through the connector.  How can I get all the files to download and avoid this 100 file limit?

5 REPLIES 5
Zampy
6 - Meteoroid

https://support.box.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360049153354-Box-folders-get-ALL-folders-items-not-...

This post suggests the Box connector is using 'folders:get' instead of 'box folders:items'.  Is there a way I can update the API call to use that function instead?

npariso
10 - Fireball

Hi Zampy - Which method are you using to call the API within Alteryx? Also, what is the command you are using?

Zampy
6 - Meteoroid

I am using the Box connector within Designer to call the API.  I'm about to start looking using the Python tool to load in a script that would call the API that way.

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Zampy , we've just added a new Beta version of the Box connector that solves the 100 items per folder issue. Would you be willing to test it out and share your feedback whether it works for you? If you're not registered yet, use the link in my signature below. Thank you, Vojta

Vojta T., PM for Data Connectors
Try our Beta data connectors at https://bit.ly/3Ae8HgY
Zampy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @VojtechT, I'd be more than happy to help test it out.  It would be great to have this as a solution.

Labels