Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

General Discussions has some can't miss conversations going on right now! From conversations about automation to sharing your favorite Alteryx memes, there's something for everyone. Make it part of your community routine!

Limit number of columns when using Dynamic Input

ansonwun
8 - Asteroid

Hi. May I know if it's possible to limit the number of columns to read in while using the dynamic input, without resorting to macros? For some reason the source files I have start to have a different number of columns after the 10th column. But I only really need to first 10 columns what comes after doesn't really matter.

I tried the macro build by Jordan (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/CS-Macro-Dev-Reading-in-multiple-files-with-...). It ran well but I'd like to also capture the full path as and output field but the macro does not seem to do that.

Thanks in advance!

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@JoRao,

You could look at creating a batch macro that would adjust on each run and have the macro ignore the schema due to the difference in the number of fields. You can change that in the Interface Designer window in the gear and just have the macro look at either name or position of the data.

JoRao
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @DanM. Will try that.

Labels