Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

License prompts expiration date

mszpot89
9 - Comet

license.PNG]

I've registered my alteryx but have few issues and need some explanation what they mean:

- two licenses appear above and one has expiration date on March 31, second one is superseded 

- does it mean my license is soon to be over or is it releated to something else?

- I don't have admin rights, maybe that's the whole root cause of this?

4 REPLIES 4
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

The image you are seeing is quite normal. With the two licenses you have listed, one is your paid designer key, while the other is a trial license. 
Because your paid license has higher access than the trial, it takes over as the active license in use. 

As for the expiration, Alteryx will alert you when you are within 1 month of your license expiring. The color will change to let you know that license may expire soon. 
If you do have additional questions about your license, please email fulfillment@alteryx.com with your inquiry.

Thanks!
Trevor

Community Moderator
Franz
9 - Comet

G'Day Trevor, thanks for the expiration info. Couple of questions on this..

1) is there a way to extend the 1 month alert to make it longer (ie. two months in advance) ? The experience so far is that we need more time to process the renewals. The user machine can be offline for a period of time.

2) Is there a way to extract the license expiration date of users (while connecting to our Gallery server deploying workflows) & store this information in the MongoDB (or elsewhere) ? Or is this information already stored somewhere having connected there at least once..

3) Is this expiration information also held at the Flexnet portal and are the Administrators able to extract/use it for the advance expiry notifications of licenses they have access to ?

Yours truly.

Franz.

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Franz 

I would recommend reaching out to Fulfillment@alteryx.com with your questions. They will be able to better assist you!

Thanks,

TrevorS

Community Moderator
Franz
9 - Comet

Thanks Trevor, I'll share the response afterwards..

Labels