community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

License issues with 11.8. Run for the Hills!

Asteroid

Alteryx is in the midst of rolling out new licenses. 11.8 actually requires that you use their new longer licenses. Based on my experience I would advise Alteryx Users to hold of on any upgrades until the licensing issues are resolved. Many of our users and server are running 11.5 and I feel upgrading to 11.8.4 may not work based on experience. Or at best require a support call with Alteryx.

Our license issues experience with Alteryx at Marketo has been going on for about 3 weeks. We have been given licenses from support or licenses.alteryx.com (they have since removed licenses here) only to find they don't work in an AWS environment and the licenses are not valid. One issue that was learned is that you must use valid email addresses and they must be unique. This forces a bit of creativity when installing on several servers.

I refrained from posting this thinking it would all be resolved and we would just move on but it has not. It seems each time I run into this I need to spend about 30 mins plus with someone at Alteryx debugging their licensing issues. 

Avoid 11.8 until Alteryx Licenses get resolved.

Bolide

Thanks for the heads up. This would not be the first time that alteryx uses customers for UAT. I learned the hard way so I don't upgraded for at least 6 months after a release. Now I am way behind - I'm still on 10.6 because I had no need to change. 

When you run large parts of your business on alteryx, it is terrifying when it breaks. I can't imagine how messy it would get with server and a lot of users.

aint nobody got time for that

Alteryx
Alteryx

I'm sorry to hear you've had difficulty upgrading your servers, @TimChandler. I’m glad that we were at least able to resolve your issue that same day. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

I wanted to provide a follow up on this thread in case anyone else may be having similar issues. We're committed to improving the experience of our customers, whether by adding new functionalities to help meet your needs or by improving our internal processes to streamline your experience with us. Our engineers are actively working on resolving issues that stemmed from the 11.8 release. These have mostly been environmental in nature, dealing with unique deployment scenarios and secure network settings. For example, there have been some changes with our system requirements that have prevented customers from activating with certain network settings.

We're working on a 2018.1 stable release to help relieve some of these difficulties soon. I'll be sure to respond to this thread with an update when that is available!

Alex Koszycki
Program Manager, Community Platform
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi all - There's an updated 2018.1 stable release available at licenses.alteryx.com that resolves many of the issues we've heard about. Please check it out and let us know what you think! :)

Alex Koszycki
Alteryx Partner

Hi Alex,

It looks the release notes haven't been updated to reflect the new 18.1 version.

Thanks

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Andrew - you can find the release notes for 2018.1 here:

Designer Release Notes

Alex Koszycki
Highlighted
Alteryx Partner
Thanks Alex

This e-mail message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not an addressee or otherwise authorized to receive this message,
you should not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this e-mail or
any information contained in the message. If you have received this material
in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
message. Thank you.
Labels