Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

License activation failed in authenticated proxy environments

yosukewatanabe
7 - Meteor

Hi,

After I had installed Alteryx Designer, I had selected Options->Activate License Key.

But activate license had been failed.

I had set the proxy settings with the documents as follows
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Sources/Change-proxy-connection-in-download-tool/m-p/12860

I'm using special character (like @ $ % !) in my password for proxy server.

6 REPLIES 6
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

HI @yosukewatanabe

If you are looking to activate a license key and running into an error this maybe caused by a firewall issue. 

Can you please email fulfillment@alteryx.com with a screnshot of the error and your license key. They handle licensing issues.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

yosukewatanabe
7 - Meteor

Hi,

it is probably a firewall issue.

I would like to release the company's firewall based on the destination URL. I think that you can tell me the URL to be connected at the time of activation.

regards,

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @yosukewatanabe

In @DanM excellent licensing article it outlines the required whitelisted sites and ports which need to be open. These are also listed below:

1. Open Port 80 and 443

2. White List: license.alteryx.com, gallery.alteryx.com, pages.alteryx.com, marketo.netmktoresp.com

3. The license server is "license.alteryx.com" which is an alias for gallery.alteryx.com and resolves to multiple IP addresses associated with an Elastic Load Balancer at Amazon Web Services. AWS ELBs can and will change IP addresses over time, so if you are statically whitelisting IP addresses on a firewall which otherwise denies access to tcp/80 and tcp/443, your end-users will eventually lose connectivity to our license server as your static whitelist obsolesces. The solution is to enable a process which will periodically update or re-implement your whitelist based on the results of a fresh DNS lookup of “license.alteryx.com”  

4. Using a proxy server? Make sure that Alteryx has access to that server. If you are using scripts on your proxy server, you will not be able to use license keys and will have to use license files

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant 

yosukewatanabe
7 - Meteor

Thank you for your answer

What is the following URL used for? I couldn't access to this URL.

marketo.netmktoresp.com

It seems that it is not an Alteryx's domain.

JohnWorkflow
5 - Atom

What is the new URL that will need to be whitelisted in order to communicate past the firewall?

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @JohnWorkflow

The new license URL are below. I will update the article when I can

license.alteryx.com

gallery.alteryx.com

pages.alteryx.com

alteryx.com

marketo.net

mktoresp.com

fno.devops.alteryx.com