Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Legend Modification

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx Community,

Please I get help customizing my legend (With multiple layers from different sources)  to look like this in my map report...I have been trying some ways and it seem not to be working for me...Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Legeng.png

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @benaikins 

The key to getting the legend how you want is dependent on how you set up your Report Map tool. That's where you control colors, icons, groups, and more that the legend will display. Here are a few tips to building something like this:

Report Map:

- The Report Map tool accepts multiple input connections. This is key to keeping your data layers organized for mapping. 

- On the subject of multiple connections, be sure to name the connections (instead of the "#1"-style default). This will be invaluable to keeping things organized when you're working in the Report Map tool.

- Once you 're ready to customize each layer on the map, open "Layers" on your Report Map tool and use the "+" to add each connection as a layer. This is where you gain individual style control for each connected layer.

- In the Report Map tool, under "Legend", select "Separate Field" so you have a separate object to modify as you desire with other tools later.

Legend:

- Now that all your layers and styles are applied, the legend should have all the parts you need. 

- If you want 3 separate legends as in your example, you'll need to use the Map Legend Splitter and Map Legend Builder tools to break apart and rebuild the legend into 3 parts.

I've put together an example that shows how all of this can be achieved. Let me know if you have any questions.

20200312-ReportMap.PNG

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Thanks @CharlieS , I have figured it out...Thanks again

Is there a way also to label a layer on a map with 2 or more fields?

Highlighted

Happy to help!

@benaikins wrote:

Is there a way also to label a layer on a map with 2 or more fields?

Could you clarify what you're looking for here with an example? Any connection to the Report Map will pass all fields, and some features require multiple fields (like thematic coloration). 

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hi @CharlieS , So in my case, i want to show market share value and and store name as labels on the Map(Example : 2.5/store1) as labels

Highlighted

Got it!

I've updated the attached workflow with a few changes. I added a field in Formula(12) to create the requested label. I also had to update the connection point for "Open" to be after this Formula tool. Then I updated the Report Map tool to use that new [MapLabel] field on the map.

20200312-ReportMap2.PNG

After you apply this label, a new set of style options are available for that label.

20200312-ReportMap3.PNG

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

I  appreciate the help @CharlieS , Thanks

Labels