Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

Left to Right Unicode Embedding Conversion

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Hi Friends

I face an issue when concatenating the Arabic Text with English text or any other strings. 

I have Student name in Arabic. I have to Pad some characters and  concatenate some strings along with that name. 

Antony89a_0-1585228915194.png 

However, using below I am able to correct this issue with help given in the link https://unicode.org/reports/tr9/.

However, these UNICODEs should not be considered as text, they must be escaped so that I can do padding properly. Currently padding considers these Unicodes as text, but I want them to be escaped. 

Antony89a_1-1585228987868.png

Any inputs on this please.  

Thanks

Antony

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hi @Antony89a ,

Could you post a sample data?

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Hi Barco

I have attached yxdb sample file. Order of concatenation should be

REFERENCE_NUMBER+EMP_NAME+COUNTER+FILLER. 

I tried python tool to concatenate and I am successful on that. But when I viewed in browse tool it works fine,

Antony89a_2-1585233981841.png

If i write data into Text file (.txt), it changes the order of text and arabic text appears in the last. Still, I could not figure out solution. 

Antony89a_1-1585233851864.png

When I copy paste here directly from Browse tool, it gives me me correct format. 

108077323411RFTGGA1111763487432435187000‪نهى بالخيور ‪0000000002000006565656556 0 01000000000#.

Is this related to way data is written into txt file? Even I tried to write as CSV. But, no Luck.

Thanks

Anthony

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hi @Antony89a 

I think the problem is mixing different codepage and also the way of arabic writting, from right to left

I was checking your first approach, using the unicode code \U+202C, I try adding the charfromint, but doesn't seems to work.

CharFromInt.png

It's really necessary to maintain the arabic names?

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Yes Barco. Thank you for your support. 

However, if we perform substring from same output what we get required results. But, when we visualize, issue arises. So, I just left it as this is it's default behavior of handling Arabic letters. 

Alternatively, 

If we just append any character with Escape character , this issue will be solved, but we need to remove this appended character manually post substring/parsing. 

Thanks

Antony

Labels