This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Since the release of 2019.3, I've noticed that sometimes the L/R Join outputs are not carrying forward all of the fields from the input files. In previous versions, these outputs would contain the full table for all rows that did not match. Now, only fields that I select in the Join Config tool are being carried forward. This doesn't happen with every Join, and sometimes just running the workflow again fixes it. Other times, even replacing the tool makes no difference.
Has anyone else experienced this? My workaround is to keep all fields in the join and then put a select after each output, which is annoying.
It seems to be random right now. I've been testing it in lots of different scenarios. I first noticed it wasn't going away when I put a sort then browse tool after a R output. But, now I've put a new browse by itself, and the problem is gone in both tool chains. As for just looking at the anchors, it seems to be regularly missing the unchecked fields.
Unfortunately, I can't record my workflow or upload it. I tried to recreate the issue with dummy data, but I haven't discovered the specific situation that creates the issue. There is one workflow that consistently creates this issue, so I have screen capped the L output result and blocked out the field headers/data. You can see that there are significantly more left input fields that are not appearing in the L output.
I have tried adding a filter and formula tool to different examples to see if they are creating the issue, but it seems to happen randomly no matter which tools are before the join.
I've installed the update and I have not experienced the issue in any workflows I have built since the update. However, the older workflow does still have this problem. I may have to rebuild the old workflow in a new .yxmd and see if the issue resolves.
Hey, I just noticed that this issue is back on version 2020.1.5. All fields that I remove from embeded Select in the Join tool are not present on the L or R outputs. I noticed, however, that if I add a Union tool right after the Join, having a field removed, that field will show up again on the L or R output. Really strange behaviour. I attached an example workflow.