Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Launching an SSO page for authentication and managing a session

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

I am creating a connector for fetching data from an API. For authentication we have a SSO page where users can provide their username and password which then requires approval from the Ping authentication app. I need the SSO web page to be launched when I run the workflow . How do I achieve this?

Also I need to manage a session so it would be like saving the connection. Please advice

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @fardeen9983 
Can you please upload a copy of your workflow to show what work has been attempted so far?
This will help the Community to better troubleshoot your issues.

Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Others will probably be better to advise, but if you need to load a webpage to deal with authentication then this sounds like something to be developed using the HTML SDK so you can build the authentication steps using that (and probably javascript) to get your authentication tokens to then connect to the API.

Details of the HTML SDK can be found here: https://help.alteryx.com/developer/current/HTML/Overview.htm

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
Labels