Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Last In, First Out Logic

aband
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'd like to trace deposits using the last in, first out (LIFO) approach. Essentially, I need to deplete the deposit amount with any subsequent withdrawals unless a new deposit comes in, and I'd deplete the new deposit first before returning back to the older deposits. I attached a sample dataset along with an example. Please note that I do not need the format of workflow output to mimic the example.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything. Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.

5 REPLIES 5
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
aband
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @T_Willins,

I've reviewed the posts and have successfully built a workflow for the same dataset for FIFO. However, I am having trouble with determining the tools to use to stop depleting a deposit if a new deposit comes in.

If you need any additional information, please let me know.

Thank you!

linlysergel
7 - Meteor

Hey @aband,

Did you ever figure out a workflow for your LIFO scenario?  I'm trying to create something similar to what you described, but haven't found much in the community to help.

Fingers crossed!

-L

aband
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @linlysergel,

I built the attached workflow for my LIFO analysis. Containers 297 & 298 can be set up as an iterative macro, but haven't gotten around to build it. Depending on the size of the data I run through, I'll copy those two containers to accommodate all the data.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks!

linlysergel
7 - Meteor

Hey @aband,

I think this is exactly what I need to help me track my inventory for Treasury Stock.  Thank you so, so much!

If anything pops up as I build it next week, I'll reach out.

Thanks again!

-L

Labels