Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Last In, First Out Logic

aband
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'd like to trace deposits using the last in, first out (LIFO) approach. Essentially, I need to deplete the deposit amount with any subsequent withdrawals unless a new deposit comes in, and I'd deplete the new deposit first before returning back to the older deposits. I attached a sample dataset along with an example. Please note that I do not need the format of workflow output to mimic the example.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything. Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.

5 REPLIES 5
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
aband
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @T_Willins,

I've reviewed the posts and have successfully built a workflow for the same dataset for FIFO. However, I am having trouble with determining the tools to use to stop depleting a deposit if a new deposit comes in.

If you need any additional information, please let me know.

Thank you!

linlysergel
7 - Meteor

Hey @aband,

Did you ever figure out a workflow for your LIFO scenario?  I'm trying to create something similar to what you described, but haven't found much in the community to help.

Fingers crossed!

-L

aband
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @linlysergel,

I built the attached workflow for my LIFO analysis. Containers 297 & 298 can be set up as an iterative macro, but haven't gotten around to build it. Depending on the size of the data I run through, I'll copy those two containers to accommodate all the data.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks!

linlysergel
7 - Meteor

Hey @aband,

I think this is exactly what I need to help me track my inventory for Treasury Stock.  Thank you so, so much!

If anything pops up as I build it next week, I'll reach out.

Thanks again!

-L

Labels