Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Large Non Overlapping Trade Areas and Drivetime

Highlighted
11 - Bolide

Lets say I have 20 locations spread out all over the U.S. and I want to create non overlapping trade areas based on drivetime.  The Non Overlap Drivetime tool is exactly what I'm looking for.  However, that only goes out to a drivetime of 30 minutes.  The drivetimes would be on the order of hours - not minutes.  On the Trade Tool, 'Eliminate Overlap' is disabled if Drive Distance is selected.  That also, would have been what I needed.  Is my only option a Trade Area Radius of miles (500 miles) and Eliminate Overlap?

Highlighted
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Brad1 

I don't actually have the drive time data set, nor the Tool, but could it be the case that you're not limited the drop down values  and you can enter any value in the text box of the drop down?  It would be like the Max Distance drop down in the Find Nearest tool.

Dan

Highlighted
11 - Bolide

In some cases you are not limited to what's in the Numeric Up/Down window.  In this case, however, overtyping and making it even one minute longer just causes it to flip back to 30 mins.  I may have to settle for an approximation.

Labels