Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Labeling Data Based on Source in Final Output

MKM
7 - Meteor

Hi all, 

Couldn't find this question on the message boards but hopefully it's pretty simple. 

In the workflow I'm creating now, I use various Excel sheets that, at their core, contain similar information. Using various filters/cleansing, I eventually combine them all together into one. That part is working fine. What I'd like to do is on that final combined sheet, include a column that indicates which source file it came from so we can identify volume in each. Is there any way to add a column or formula-driven column that shows what original source sheet a value came from?

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
JoshKushner
12 - Quasar
In the input tool select 'Field Name Only' the dropdown "Output File Name as Field"
MKM
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the reply JoshKushner! 

I tried doing that with all my data sources (there's about 5-6) and re-ran the workflow with a browse at the end. I couldn't find a column with the file names indicated at the end, nor could I find that option to select those as column in any of the "Select" tools I have throughout the workflow. Is there something I need to do to get the column to appear?

Thanks!

JoshKushner
12 - Quasar
Would you be filtering out the column anywhere in the workflow? The file name should appear as the last column after every input.

I would look at the output of each tool in your flow to find the spot where it drops off
Labels