Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Knock of entries to identify

Khanzali007
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I'm working on an Alteryx workflow and currently need some guidance.

I am trying to identify the knock off entries from a dataset in Alteryx. It will be >1M records. As currently i have attached sample data of 25K records.

To Knock off simple basic criteria is to knock off the amount with in Same PC (Column D)

Every amount wont be same as full like -100,000 & +100,000, it will be in any split form of 100,000.

For Example:

Refer column F for knock off, which is identified manual and rest as shown as Open.

Thank you in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Khanzali007,

I'm not sure I understand what your trying to achieve. Would you be able to give a simple example of an input and desired output? 

soccertil1108
8 - Asteroid

I agree with @IraWatt ... more details are required. I looked at your data and I believe that your first step would be to split the data into 2 data flows, one for "open" and the other for "clearing". Then you'll need to manipulate the data so that you can then join the two streams together. Finally perform the final calculation. When I looked at your data, I split the stream and then summarized both streams by PC. The summarization totals for all PC "clearing" rows became Zero (0). So I'm at a loss of how to process and join your data set to get the information you require.

Khanzali007
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt @soccertil1108  Thanks for your reply.

Sorry for not giving the info with details.

@soccertil1108 your understanding  is so close, but last column was result column which we have worked manual to identify contra entries, which is expected output from Alteryx.

For details information i have attached a excel file with explanation & examples Case 1 & Case 2.

Thanks in advance.

Khanzali007
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Luke_C  this the one. 

Thanks in advance.

prashant007
8 - Asteroid

good question

Khanzali007
8 - Asteroid

Hi any one can help ? 

Expertise in same topic who have answered earlier question @Thableaus  @atcodedog05  Please help!

Especially on case 2. Attached sample file with example & cases.

Thanks in advance.

Labels